|Research Assistant Professor
|Education: B.Sc. (Eng.), Tianjin; M.Phil., USTC; Ph.D. H.K.; M.I.E.E.E.
Tel.: (852) 2219-4577
Office: CB 517
Statistical signal processing, biomedical signal processing, medical image analysis, neural engineering and computational neuroscience.
Zhiguo Zhang received a B.Sc. degree in Electronics and Information Technology from Tianjin University in 2000, and an M.Phil. degree in Signal and Information Processing from the University of Science and Technology of China in 2003. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Hong Kong in 2008, where he is now a Research Assistant Professor. He was a research assistant in the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the University of Hong Kong from 2007 to 2008, and a visiting postdoctoral research follow in the Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology at University College London in 2011.
- G. Huang, P. Xiao, Y. S. Hung, Z. Zhang *, and L. Hu *, “A novel approach to predict subjective pain perception from single-trial laser-evoked potentials,” NeuroImage, in press. [* Corresponding author]
- Z. Zhang and S. C. Chan, “Recursive parametric frequency/spectrum estimation for non-stationary signals with impulsive components using variable forgetting factor,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, in press.
- G. Huang, Z. Zhang, D. G. Zhang, and X. Y. Zhu, “Spatio-spectral filters for low-density surface electromyographic signal classification,” Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, in press.
- S. C. Chan, Y. J. Chu, Z. Zhang, and K. M. Tsui, “A new regularized QR decomposition-based recursive least M-estimate algorithm: Performance analysis and acoustic applications,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, vol. 21, no.5, pp. 907-922, May 2013.
- S. C. Chan, Y. J. Chu, and Z. Zhang, “A new variable regularized transform domain nlms adaptive filtering algorithm: Acoustic applications and performance analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 868-878, Apr. 2013.
- L. Hu, W. W. Peng, E. Valentini, Z. Zhang, and Y. Hu, “Functional features of nociceptive-induced suppression of alpha band electroencephalographic oscillations,” Journal of Pain, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 89-99, Jan. 2013.
- L. Hu *, Z. Zhang *, and Y. Hu, “A time-varying source connectivity approach to reveal human somatosensory information processing,” NeuroImage, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 217-228, Aug. 2012. [* Equal Contribution]
- Z. Zhang, S. C. Chan, and C. Wang, “A new regularized adaptive windowed Lomb-periodogram for time-frequency analysis of nonstationary signals with impulsive components,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2283-2304, Aug. 2012.
- X. Chen, Y. P. Zheng, J. Y. Guo, Z. Y. Zhu, S. C. Chan, and Z. Zhang *, “Sonomyographic responses during voluntary isometric ramp contraction of the human rectus femoris muscle,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 112, no. 7, pp. 2603-2614, July 2012. [* Corresponding author]
- Z. Zhang *, L. Hu *, Y. S. Hung, A. Mouraux, and G. D. Iannetti, “Gamma-band oscillations in the primary somatosensory cortex - a direct and obligatory correlate of subjective pain intensity,” The Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 32, no. 22, pp. 7429-7438, May 2012. [* Equal Contribution]
- W. W. Peng, L. Hu, Z.G. Zhang, and Y. Hu, “Causality in the association between P300 and alpha event-related desynchronization,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, e34163. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0034163, Apr. 2012.
- B. Liao, Z. Zhang, and S. C. Chan, “DOA estimation and tracking of ULAs with mutual coupling,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 891-905, Jan. 2012.
- S. M. Lai, Z. Zhang, Y. S. Hung, Z. D. Niu, and C.Q. Chang, “A chromatic transient visual evoked potential based encoding/decoding approach for brain-computer interface,” IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 578-589, Dec. 2011.
- V. W. Zhang, Z. Zhang, B. McPherson, Y. Hu, and Y. S. Hung, “Detection improvement for neonatal click evoked otoacoustic emissions by time-frequency filtering,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 675-686, Aug. 2011.
- L. Hu, Z. Zhang, Y. S. Hung, K. D. K. Luk, and Y. Hu, “Single-trial detection of somatosensory evoked potentials by probabilistic independent component analysis and wavelet filtering,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 122, no. 7, pp. 1429-1439, Jul. 2011.
- Z. Zhang, Y. S. Hung, and S. C. Chan, “Local polynomial modeling of time-varying autoregressive models with application to time-frequency analysis of event-related EEG,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 557-566, Mar. 2011.
- S. C. Chan and Z. Zhang, “Local polynomial modeling and variable bandwidth selection for time-varying linear systems,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1102-1117, Mar. 2011.
- S. C. Chan, Z. Zhang, and Y. J. Chu, “A new transform-domain regularized recursive least M-estimate algorithm for robust linear estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 120-124, Feb. 2011.
- B. Liao, Z. Zhang, and S. C. Chan, “A new robust Kalman filter-based subspace tracking algorithm in impulsive noise environment,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 740-744, Sep. 2010.
- Z. Zhang, K. D. K. Luk, and Y. Hu, “Identification of detailed time-frequency components in somatosensory evoked potentials,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 245-254, Jun. 2010.
- F. F. Zhu, J. P. Maxwell, Y. Hu, Z. Zhang, W. K. Lam, J. M. Poolton, and R. S. W. Masters, “EEG activity during the verbal-cognitive stage of motor skill acquisition”, Biological Psychology, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 221-227, May 2010.
- Z. Zhang, H. T. Liu, S. C. Chan, K. D. K. Luk, and Y. Hu, “Time-dependent power spectral density estimation of surface electromyography during isometric muscle contraction: Methods and comparisons,” Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 89-101, Feb. 2010.
- Z. Zhang, J. L. Yang, S. C. Chan, K. D. K. Luk, and Y. Hu, “Time-frequency component analysis of somatosensory evoked potentials in rats,” BioMedical Engineering OnLine, vol. 8, no. 4, Feb. 2009.DOI: 10.1186/1475-925X-8-4.
- Z. Zhang, V. W. Zhang, S. C. Chan, B. McPherson, and Y. Hu, “Time-frequency analysis of click-evoked otoacoustic emissions by means of a minimum variance spectral estimation-based method,” Hearing Research, vol. 243, no. 1-2, pp. 18-27, Sep. 2008.
- Z. Zhang, K. M. Tsui, S. C. Chan, W. Y. Lau, and M. Aboy, “A novel method for nonstationary power spectral density estimation of cardiovascular signals based on the Kalman filter,” Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 789-797, Aug. 2008.
- Z. Zhang, S. C. Chan, and K. M. Tsui, “A recursive frequency estimator using linear prediction and a Kalman-filter-based iterative algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 576-580, Jun. 2008.