29 Oct, 2016 (Sat)Time:
5:00 pm - 6:45 pmLocation:
SpeakerCHEW Natalie, LEUNG Chi Ming & CHIANG Tung Keung
- CHEW Natalie – “Be Myself – Beyond Engineering”
- LEUNG Chi Ming Joseph, JP – “Discover Your Real Potential”
- CHIANG Tung Keung – “用洪荒之力享受工作” (Enjoy work with enormous momentum, Talk in Chinese)
Biography of the speaker:
- Ms. Natalie Chew, “Female Student in EEE is very precious in 80’s. As the only female graduate, Natalie joined a E&M Building Services consulting firm as an engineer trainee. With the booming of Information Technology Industry, Natalie joined IBM as a Systems Engineer in 1989. As a technical pre-sale support, Natalie gained not just technical know-how but experience in building customer relationship. To broaden the exposure, Natalie went abroad to Canada to purse MBA specialise in marketing and international business. Natalie re-joined IBM as the Sales Specialist in 1997. Since then, Natalie held various sales position serving clients in Public Sector, Finance, Banking, Insurance and General Business locally and regionally. Natalie also lived in Beijing for one year leading the Global Process Services team in IBM Greater China Group. Natalie relocated back to HK in 2013 leading IBM HK Marketing & Communications unit. Currently Natalie is the sales leader in IBM responsible for selling Infrastructure Services to enterprises in HK.”
- Ir Joseph Leung is the Director / Partner of J Roger Preston Limited, a M&E Consulting Engineering design practice in the Asia Pacific Region and PRC. He joined the practice immediately after his graduation in 1981. Some landmark M&E design projects successfully completed under his design leadership include CLK – Airport Master Planning , HK Club building , HKUST campus , IFC2 ( 88 -storey Tower) , IFC Mall , Four Seasons Hotel, One Peking , HKHA HQ , HKSAR Tamar HQ, and many other high rise residential projects . He has been serving the HKIE for over 20 years as member of various boards and committees including the Council, Executive Committee and the Engineering Registration Board, to name a few. He was also the appointed chairman of the HKSAR Electrical Safety Advisory Committee for 6 years and appointed as a lay person by the Court of Justice serving the Solicitor Discipline Tribunal Panel for 6 years.
- Ir T.K. Chiang is the Chief Operating Officer of CLP Power. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from the University of Hong Kong, a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic and a Master of Business Administration from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He joined CLP Power as a Graduate Trainee in 1988. He has extensive experience in generation, transmission and distribution systems as well as regulatory strategy. He had held various posts in different functional areas ranging from power system asset management, planning, design, operation and maintenance, power quality, and corporate and regulatory strategy. He has been serving in various professional institutions and community organisation including The Institution of Engineering and Technology, The HKIE of Engineers and the Community Chest.
All are welcome.
OrganizerMr. W.K. Lee & Dr. Y.C. Wu
Most seminars are open to the general public, free of charge, unless otherwise stated. Registration is not required. Arrangement for car parking facilities on campus please contact us for details.
For enquiries, please contact:
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
Room 601, Chow Yei Ching Building,
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3917 7093