Professor David J Hill, Emeritus Professor and Honorary Professor of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has been selected to receive the 2021 IEEE PES Prabha S. Kundur Power System Dynamics and Control Award.
The award, presented by IEEE Power & Energy Society, recognized outstanding contributions to the understanding and control of the dynamics of the power system.
Nominees for the award must have been an IEEE PES member for at least 10 years with tangible and visible achievements in one or more of the areas listed below.
Selection factors include contributions to:
* Bulk power system dynamics and control, including transient, small-signal, voltage, and frequency stability
* Modern system analysis tools
* Dynamic system modeling including non-linearities, and interconnection-wide dynamic behavior and control,
* Originality and impact of technical publications,
* Professional and industry activities,
* Development of standards and operating guides,
* Achievements in other fields
Warmest congratulations to Professor Hill for his achievement and recognition!