Prof. G. Chesi
Laurea (Florence), PhD (Bologna), F.I.E.E.E.
Tel.: 3917 4362
Office: CB 502
Prof. Graziano Chesi
2D systems, Computer vision, Networked control systems, Nonlinear control, Robust control, SOS, Visual servoing.
Graziano Chesi received the Laurea from the University of Florence in 1997 and the Ph.D. from the University of Bologna in 2001. He joined the University of Siena in 2000 and the University of Hong Kong in 2006.
Prof. Chesi served as Associate Editor for Automatica, the European Journal of Control, the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, the IEEE Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, and Systems and Control Letters. He also served as Guest Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, the International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, and Mechatronics.
Prof. Chesi founded and served as chair of the Technical Committee on Systems with Uncertainty of the IEEE Control Systems Society. He also served as chair of the Best Student Paper Award Committees for the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and the IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control.
Prof. Chesi is author of two books and editor of one book, all published by Springer. He is first author in more than 160 peer-reviewed publications. Since 2012, he is in the Top 1% HKU Scholars (most-cited scientists according to Thomson Reuter’s Essential Science Indicators). He is a Fellow of the IEEE.
- G. Chesi. Domain of Attraction: Analysis and Control via SOS Programming. Springer, 2011.
- G. Chesi and K. Hashimoto (editors). Visual Servoing via Advanced Numerical Methods. Springer, 2010.
- G. Chesi, A. Garulli, A. Tesi, A. Vicino. Homogeneous Polynomial Forms for Robustness Analysis of Uncertain Systems. Springer, 2009.
- G. Chesi, “LMI techniques for optimization over polynomials in control: a survey”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 55(11), 2500-2510, 2010.
SELECTED JOURNAL PAPERS (see https://www.eee.hku.hk/~chesi for full list):
- G. Chesi, R. H. Middleton, “Robust stability and performance analysis of 2D mixed continuous-discrete-time systems with uncertainty”, Automatica, 67, 233-243, 2016.
- G. Chesi, R. H. Middleton, “H-infinity and H-two norms of 2D mixed continuous-discrete-time systems via rationally-dependent complex Lyapunov functions”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 60(10), 2614-2625, 2015.
- G. Chesi, “Quantifying the unstable in linearized nonlinear systems”, Automatica, 60, 210-218, 2015.
- G. Chesi, “Robust static output feedback controllers via robust stabilizability functions”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 59(6), 1618-1623, 2014.
- G. Chesi, “Establishing robust stability of discrete-time systems with time-varying uncertainty: the Gram-SOS Approach”, Automatica, 50(11), 2813-2821, 2014.
- G. Chesi, R. H. Middleton, “Necessary and sufficient LMI conditions for stability and performance analysis of 2D mixed continuous-discrete-time systems”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 59(4), 996-1007, 2014.
- G. Chesi, “Sufficient and necessary LMI conditions for robust stability of rationally time-varying uncertain systems”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 58(6), 1546-1551, 2013.
- G. Chesi, “Rational Lyapunov functions for estimating and controlling the robust domain of attraction”, Automatica, 49(4), 1051-1057, 2013.
- G. Chesi, “Robustness analysis of genetic regulatory networks affected by model uncertainty”, Automatica, 47(6), 1131-1138, 2011.
- G. Chesi, Y. S. Hung, “Fast multiple-view L2 triangulation with occlusion handling”, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 115(2), 211-223, 2011.
- G. Chesi, “Visual servoing path-planning via homogeneous forms and LMI optimizations”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 25(2), 281-291, 2009.
- G. Chesi, Y. S. Hung, “Stability analysis of uncertain genetic SUM regulatory networks”, Automatica, 44(9), 2298-2305, 2008.
- G. Chesi, Y. S. Hung, “Global path-planning for constrained and optimal visual servoing”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 23(5), 1050-1060, 2007.
- G. Chesi, A. Garulli, A. Tesi, A. Vicino, “Polynomially parameter-dependent Lyapunov functions for robust stability of polytopic systems: an LMI approach”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 50(3), 365-370, 2005.
- G. Chesi, A. Garulli, A. Tesi, A. Vicino, “Homogeneous Lyapunov functions for systems with structured uncertainties”, Automatica, 39(6), 1027-1035, 2003.