Prof. D.J. Hill
BE (Elec Eng), BSc (Math), PhD; FIEEE, FTSE (Aust Acad Tech Sci and Eng), FAA (Aust Acad Sci), FHKEng; also SIAM Fellow and Fgn Mem Royal Swedish Acad Eng Sci
Tel.: 2859 7092
Office: CB 601H
Prof. David J. Hill
Chair of Electrical Engineering
Interests are in power systems, control systems, complex networks and stability analysis. Current work is mainly on structure, dynamics and control of future energy networks and some basic stability and control questions for dynamic networks.
Professor David Hill joined the staff of The University of Hong Kong in 2013. He directs the Centre for Electrical Energy Systems (established by Professor Felix Wu in 1996) and is the Project Coordinator for the RGC Theme-based Research Scheme (Round 4) Project on Sustainable Power Delivery Structures for High Renewables (with Co-Is from HKU, HK University of Science and Technology, HK Polytechnic University, Imperial College London and the University of Sydney).
Prior to joining HKU, he held the Chair of Electrical Engineering at The University of Sydney, Australia, initially during 1994-2002 and again 2010-2013 (supported by Ausgrid). He established the Centre for Future Energy Networks (CFEN), and has been Director, 2010-now. During 1996-1999, he served as Head of the School of Electrical and Information Engineering. He has twice held Australian Research Council (ARC) Professorial Fellowships. During 2005-2010, he was an ARC Federation Fellow at the Australian National University (only 25 awarded internationally per year for all areas) and, from 2006, also a Theme Leader (Complex Networks) and Deputy Director in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Mathematics and Statistics of Complex Systems. During 2010-2013, he held an ARC Professorial Fellowship at the University of Sydney. In Sydney, he continues to collaborate with researchers in CFEN on projects in the area of Future Grid, including in the CSIRO University Cluster, 2013-2016, which he played a leading role in establishing.
He has been continuously associated with Hong Kong universities since 2001 when he was a visiting Professor at City University of HK (CityU). He served on the Panel for Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the University Grants Committee Research Assessment Exercise for 1999. During 2001-2004, he was Chair Professor and Head of the Department of Electronic Engineering at CityU. During 2012-2013, he held a visiting Chair Professorship under the Distinguished Scholars Scheme in the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering at PolyU. He currently holds honorary or adjunct professorships at CityU, South China University of Technology, Wuhan University, Northeastern University, Changsha University of Science and Technology and Chongging University, China.
He has also held academic and substantial visiting positions at the universities of Melbourne, California (Berkeley), Newcastle (Australia), Lund (Sweden) and Munich (TUM). He has numerous international professional involvements, mainly with IEEE and IFAC as well as independent conferences and workshops including PSCC, IREP and IWCSN.
In the last few years, he has been invited to speak at several panels and workshops, including at the USA Los Alamos National Laboratory and the IEEE PES General Meeting, and to give keynote addresses at international conferences, including IET APSCOM, IFAC CPES SmartGridComm, MICNON and MTNS on aspects of power grids and system theory. He has several editorial roles including: an Editor for the Springer Book Series on Power Electronics and Power Systems; on the Editorial Board for the journals Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks (SEGAN), the International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (IJEPES), Foundations and Trends in Electric Energy Systems and Journal of Control and Decision (China). He has several other advisory editor roles.
Total publications by D.J.Hill includes 2 research monographs, two edited research volumes and over 500 chapters and papers. The following are representative.
2018 (to mid-May)
- Y.Xu, M.Yin, Z.Y.Dong, R.Zhang, D.J.Hill and Y.Zhang, “Robust dispatch of high wind power-penetrated power systems against transient instability,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.33, No.1, January 2018, pp.174-186.
- Z.Tang, D.J.Hill and T.Liu, “Hierarchical voltage control of weak sub-transmission networks with high penetration of wind power,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.33, No.1, January 2018, pp.187-197.
- Liu, G. Verbič, J. Ma, and D. J. Hill, ” Fast stability scanning for future grid scenario analysis”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.33, No.1, January 2018, pp.514-524.
- J.J.Q.Yu, D.J.Hill, A.Y.S.Lam, J.Gu and V.O.K.Li, “Intelligent time-adaptive transient stability assessment system,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.33, No.1, January 2018, pp.1049-1058.
- Kong, Z. Y. Dong, D. J. Hill, F. Luo and Y. Xu, “Short-term residential load forecasting based on resident behaviour learning”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.33, No.1, pp.1087-1088.
- B.Liu, D.J.Hill and Z. Sun, “Input-to-state exponents and related ISS for delayed discrete-time systems with application to impulsive effects,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol.28, pp.640-660.
- B.Liu, D.J.Hill and Z.Sun, “Input-to-state-KL stability with criteria for a class of hybrid dynamical systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol.326, pp.124-140, 2018.
- Y.Zheng, C.Zhang, D.J.Hill and K.Meng, “Consensus control of electric springs using back-to-back converter for voltage regulation with ultra-high renewable penetration,” Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, Vol.5, Issue 6, 2017.
- D.J.Hill, Y.Zheng and T.Liu, “Modeling and control for future grids with large renewable energies,” Southern Power System Technology, Vol.11, No.10, pp.87-95, 2017.
- J.J.Q.Yu, A.Y.S.Lam, D.J.Hill and V.O.K.Li, “A unified framework for wide area measurement system planning,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol.96, March 2018, pp.43-51.
- B.Liu, D.J.Hill, C.Zhang and Z.Sun, “Stabilization of discrete-time dynamical systems under event-triggered impulsive control with and without time-delays,” Special Issue of J Syst Sci Complex, Vol.31, pp.130-146.
- M.Garmroodi, D.J.Hill and G.Verbič, “Frequency support from wind turbine generators with a time variable droop characteristic,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol.9, No.2, April 2018, pp.676-684.
- B.Qin, X.Zhang, J.Ma, S.Mei and D.J.Hill, ” Input to state stability based control of doubly fed wind generator,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.33, No.3, May 2018, pp.2949-2961.
- H.Ma and D.J.Hill, “A fast local search scheme for adaptive coordinated voltage control,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.33, No.3, May 2018, pp.2321-2330.
- L.Liang, Y.H.Hou, D.J.Hill and S.Y.R.Hui, “Enhancing resilience of microgrids with electric springs,” IEEE Trans Smart Grid, Vol.9, No.3, May 2018, pp.2235-2247.
- L.Zhu and D.J.Hill, “Stability analysis of power systems: A network synchronization perspective,” SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization, Vol.56, No.3, 2018, pp.1640-1664.
19 journal papers accepted to appear
- J.Xiang, Y.Li and D.J.Hill, “Cooperative output regulation of linear multi-agent network systems with dynamic edges,” Automatica, Vol.77, 2017, pp.1-13.
- Y.Song, Y.Zheng and D.J.Hill, “Optimal scheduling for EV charging stations in distribution networks: a convexified model,” IEEE Trans on Power Systems, Vol.32, No.2, March 2017, pp.1574-1575.
- Z.Tang, D.J.Hill and T.Liu, “Two-stage voltage control of subtransmission networks with high penetration of wind power,” Special Issue on Control of Power and Energy Systems, IFAC Jnl on Control Engineering Practice, Vol.62, pp.1-10, 2017.
- Z.Wang, D.J.Hill, G.Chen and Z.Y.Dong, “Power system cascading risk assessment based on complex network theory,” Physica A, Vol.482, pp.532-543, 2017.
- L.Liang, Y.H.Hou and D.J.Hill, “Design guidelines for MPC-based frequency regulation for isolated microgrids with storage, voltage and ramping constraints,” IET Renewable Power Generation, Vol.11, Issue 8, June 2017, pp.1200-1210.
- Y.Xu, J.Ma, Z.Y.Dong and D.J.Hill, “Robust transient stability-constrained optimal power flow with uncertain dynamic loads,” IEEE Trans Smart Grid, Vol.8, No.4, July 2017, pp.1911-1921.
- J.J.Q.Yu, A.Y.S.Lam, D.J.Hill and V.O.K.Li, “Delay sensitive intelligent transient stability assessment system,” IEEE Access, Vol.5, August 2017, pp.17230-17239.
- H.Ma and D.J.Hill, “Sensitivity studies for adaptive coordinated voltage control: scale and similarity of contingencies,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.32, No.5, September 2017, pp.3794-3802.
- J.Xiang, D.J.Hill and J.Ma, “Distributed power control for transient stability of multimachine power systems,” IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, Vol.7, No.3, September 2017, pp. 383-392.
- Y.Zheng, D.J.Hill, K.Meng and R.S.Y.Hui, ”Critical bus voltage support in distribution systems with electric springs and responsibility sharing,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.32, No.5, September 2017, pp.3584-3593.
- Y.Li, Z.Xu, J.Østergaard and D.J.Hill, “Coordinated control strategies for offshore wind farm integration via VSC-HVDC for system frequency support”, IEEE Transactions Energy Conversion, Vol.32, No.3, September 2017, pp.843-856.
- J.Ma, X.Ma, D.Hill, D.Zhao, L.Zhu and Y.Chi, “Developing feedback model for power system dynamic sensitivity analysis,” Intl Trans on Electrical Energy Systems, 2017;e2381. https://doi.org/10.1002/ etep.2381.
- Y.Zheng, D.J.Hill and Z.Y.Dong, “Multi-agent optimal allocation of energy storage systems in distribution systems,” IEEE Trans Sustainable Energy, Vol.8, No.4, October 2017, pp.1715-1725.
- B.Liu and D.J.Hill, “KL_*-stability for a class of hybrid dynamical systems,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol.82, pp.1043-1060, 2017.
- Y.Xu, Z.Y.Dong and D.J.Hill, “Multi-timescale coordinated voltage/Var control of high renewable-penetrated distribution systems,” to appear IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.32, No.6, November 2017, pp.4398-4408.
- Y.Song, D.J.Hill, T.Liu and Y.Zheng, “A distributed framework for stability evaluation and enhancement of inverter-based microgrids,” Special Issue on Distributed Control and Efficient Optimization Methods for Smart Grid, IEEE Trans Smart Grids, Vol. 8, No.6, November 2017, pp.3020-3034.
- B.Liu, D.J.Hill and T.Liu, “Exponential input-to-state stability under events for hybrid dynamical networks with coupling time-delays,” J Franklin Institute, Vol.354, 2017, pp.7476-7503.
- Y.Zheng, C.Zhang, D.J.Hill and K.Meng, “Consensus control of electric springs using a back-to-back converter for voltage regulation with ultra-high renewable penetration,” Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, Vol.5, Issue 6, pp 897-907.
- H.Marzooghi, G.Verbic and D.J.Hill, “Aggregated Demand Response Modelling for Future Grid Scenarios,” Jnl Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks, Vol.5, pp.94-104, 2016.
- M. Garmroodi, D.J.Hill, G.Verbic and J.Ma, “Impact of tie-line power on inter-area modes with increased penetration of wind power,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.31, No.4, July 2016, pp.3051-3059.
- A.C.Chapman, G.Verbic and D.J.Hill, “Algorithmic and strategic aspects to integrating demand-side aggregation and energy management systems”, IEEE Trans Smart Grid, Vol. 7, No.6, Nov. 2016, pp.2748-2760.
- B.Qin, X.Zhang, J.Ma, S.Mei and D.J.Hill, ”Local Input to State Stability based stability criterion with applications to isolated power systems,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.31, No.6, Nov. 2016, pp.5094-5105.
- Y.Xu, X.Xie, Z.Y.Dong, R.Zhang and D.J.Hill, ”Risk -based multiobjective generation dispatch considering transient stability under load uncertainty,” IET Generation, Trans and Dist., Vol.10, Iss.11, 2016, pp.2785-2791.
- T.Liu and D.J.Hill, “Non-disruptive load-side control for frequency regulation in power systems,” Special Issue of IEEE Trans Smart Grid, Vol.7, No.4, July 2016, pp.2142-2153.
- Z.Wang, G.Chen, D.J.Hill and Z.Y.Dong, “A power flow based model for the analysis of vulnerability in power networks,” Vol.460, Physica A, pp.105-115.
- W.C.Kong, Z.Y.Dong, D.J.Hill, F.J.Luo and Y.Xu, “Improving non-Intrusive load monitoring efficiency via a hybrid programming method”, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics, Vol.12, No.6, December 2016, pp.2148-2157.
Selected Prior 1976-2015
- S.Tan, J.Lu and D.J.Hill, “Towards a theoretical framework for analysis and intervention of random drift on general networks,” IEEE Trans Automatic Control, Vol.60, No.2, February 2015, pp.576-581.
- J. Qiu, Z. Y. Dong, J. H. Zhao, K. Meng, Y. Zheng, and D. Hill, “Low carbon oriented expansion planning of integrated gas and power systems”, IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol.30, No.2, pp.1035-1046, March 2015.
- Y.Jia, Y.Gao, Z.Xu, K.P.Wong, L.L.Lai, Y.Xue, Z.Y.Dong and D.J.Hill, “Powering China’s sustainable development with renewable energies: current status and future trend,” Electric Power Components and Systems, Vol.43 (8-10): pp.1193-1204, May 2015.
- Y.Xu, Z.Y.Dong, J.Zhao, Y.Xue and D.J.Hill, ”Trajectory sensitivity analysis on the equivalent one-machine-infinite-bus of multi-machine systems for preventive transient stability control,” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol.9, Iss.3, pp.276-286, 2015.
- Y.Xu, Z.Y.Dong, R.Zhang, Y.Xue and D.J.Hill, “A decomposition-based practical approach to transient stability-constrained unit commitment,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.30, No.3, pp.1455-1464, May 2015.
- T.Chen, C.Wang and D.J.Hill, “Small oscillation fault detection for a class of nonlinear systems with output measurements using deterministic learning”, Systems & Control Letters, Vol. 79, pp. 39–46, May 2015.
- H.Q.Li, X.F.Liao, G.Chen, D.J.Hill and Z.Y.Dong,”Event-triggered asynchronous intermittent communication strategy for synchronization in complex dynamical networks,” Neural Networks, Vol.66, June 2015, pp.1-10.
- Y.Zheng, Z.Y.Dong, K.Meng, F.Luo, J.Huang and D.J.Hill, “Optimal integration of mobile battery energy storage in distribution system with renewables,” Journal Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, August 2015.
- B.Liu, D.J.Hill and Z-J. Sun, “Mixed K-Dissipativity and Stabilization to ISS for Impulsive Hybrid Systems,” Transactions on CAS II, Vol.68, No.8, pp.791-795, August 2015.
- T.Liu, D.J.Hill and J.Zhao, “Output synchronization of dynamical networks with incrementally-dissipative nodes and switching topology,” IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems-I, Vol.62, No.9, pp.2312-2323, September 2015.
- H.Jiang, J.Jin, Y.Song and D.J.Hill, “MPC based frequency control with demand side participation: a case study in an isolated wind-aluminum power system,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.30, No.6, p.3327-3337, November 2015.
- T-F.Liu, Z-P.Jiang and D.J.Hill, Nonlinear Control of Dynamic Networks, CRC Press Control Engineering Series (Editors: F.Lewis and S. Ge), April 2014.
- Y.Y.Dai, G. Chen, Z-Y. Dong, Y-S.Xue, D.J.Hill and Y.Zhao, “An improved framework for power grid vulnerability analysis considering critical system features,” Physica A-Statistical Mechanics And Its Applications, Vol.395, February 2014, pp.405-415.
- B.Liu, C.Dou and D.J.Hill, “Robust exponential input-to-state stability of impulsive systems with an application in micro-grids,” Systems and Control Letters, Vol.65, pp.64-73, 2014.
- B.Liu and D.J.Hill, “Stability via hybrid-event-time Lyapunov function and impulsive stabilization for discrete-time delayed switched systems,” SIAM J. Control and Optimization, Vol.52, No.2, pp.1338-1365, 2014.
- T.Chen, C.Wang and D.J.Hill, “Rapid oscillation fault detection and isolation for distributed systems via deterministic learning,” IEEE Trans Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol.25, No.6, pp.1187-1199, June 2014.
- H.Ma and D.J.Hill, “Adaptive coordinated voltage control – Part I: Basic scheme,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.29, No.4, pp.1546-1553, July 2014.
- H.Ma and D.J.Hill, “Adaptive coordinated voltage control – Part II: Use of learning for rapid response,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.29, No.4, pp.1554-1561, July 2014.
- E.Hancock and D.J.Hill, “Restricted partial stability and synchronisation,” IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems-I, Vol.61, No.11, pp.3235-3244, November 2014.
- Y.Xia and D.J.Hill, “Dynamic Braess’s paradox in complex communication networks, “IEEE Trans CAS-II, Vol.60, No.3, March 2013, pp.172-176.
- C.Dou, B.Liu and D.J.Hill, “Hybrid control for high-penetration distribution grid based on operational mode conversion,” IET GTD, Vol. 7, No.7, July 2013, p.700-708.
- T.Liu, D.J.Hill and J.Zhao, “Synchronization of dynamical networks by network control,” IEEE Trans Automatic Control, Vol.57, No.6, June 2012, pp. 1574-1580.
- D.J.Hill, T.Liu and G.Verbic, “Smart grids as distributed learning control,” Proceedings 2012 PES General Meeting, Invited Panel on Distributed control – bringing together the power and control communities, San Diego, July 2012.
- J.Zhao, D.J.Hill and T.Liu, “Global bounded synchronization of general dynamical networks with non-identical nodes,” IEEE Trans Automatic Control, Vol.57, No.10, pp.2656-2662, 2012.
- Z-Y.Dong, J-H.Zhao and D.J.Hill, “Numerical simulation for stochastic transient stability assessment,” IEEE Trans on Power Systems, Vol.27, No.4, November 2012, pp.1741-1749.
- J.Zhao, D.J.Hill and T.Liu,”Synchronization of dynamical networks with non-identical nodes: criteria and control,” IEEE Transactions Circuits and Systems-I, Vol.58, No.3, March 2011, pp.584-594.
- B.Liu and D.J.Hill, “Impulsive consensus for complex dynamical networks with non-identical nodes and coupling time-delays,” SIAM J Control and Optimization, Vol. 49, No.2, pp.315-338.
- G.Chen, Z-Y.Dong, D.J.Hill and Y.S. Xue, “Exploring reliable strategies for defending power systems against targeted attacks,” IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol.26, No.3, August 2011, pp.1000-1009.
- B. Liu, and D. J. Hill, “Uniform stability and ISS of discrete-time impulsive hybrid systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, Vol.4, No.2, pp.319-333, May 2010.
- J.Leung, D.J.Hill and G-H.Zhang, “Coordinated stability control,” IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol.3, No.1, pp.38-48, 2009.
- C.Wang and D.J.Hill, Deterministic Learning Theory for Identification, Recognition and Control, CRC Press, 2009.
- J.Zhao and D.J.Hill, “Dissipativity theory for switched systems,” IEEE Trans Auto Control, Vol.53, No.4, pp.941-953, May 2008.
- X-M.Sun, J.Zhao and D.J.Hill, “Stability and L2 –gain analysis for switched delay systems: a delay-dependent method,” Automatica, Vol.42, pp.1769-1774, 2006.
- Z-H.Guan, D.J.Hill and X.Shen, “On hybrid impulsive and switching systems and application to nonlinear control”, IEEE Trans. Auto. Control, Vol.50, No.7, pp.1058-62, July 2005.
- P.Kundur(Conv), J.Paserba(Sec), V.Ajjarapu, G.Andersson, A.Bose, C.Canizares, N. Hatziargyriou, D.J.Hill, A.Stankovic, C.Taylor, T.Van Cutsem, V.Vittal, “Definition and classification of power system stability” , IEEE Transactions of Power Systems, Vol.19, No.3, August 2004, pp.1387-1401.
- R. Fang and D.J.Hill, “A new strategy for transmission expansion in competitive electricity markets”, IEEE Transactions of Power Systems, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp.374-380, February 2003.
- D.J.Hill et.al, “Global control of complex power systems”, in G.Chen, D.J.Hill and X.Yu (eds.), Bifurcation Control: Theory and Applications, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer-Verlag, August 2003.
- D.H.Popović, D.J.Hill and Q.Wu, “Optimal voltage security control of power systems”, International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems, Vol.24, pp.305-320, 2002.
- Y.Guo, D.J.Hill and Y.Wang, “Global transient stability and voltage regulation for power systems”, IEEE Transactions of Power Systems, Vol.16, No.4, pp.678-688, November 2001.
- Y.V.Makarov, D.J.Hill and Z-Y.Dong, “Computation of bifurcation boundaries for power systems: a new -plane method”, IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems, Vol.47, No.4, pp.536-544, April 2000.
- Z-P.Jiang and D.J.Hill, “A robust adaptive backstepping scheme for nonlinear systems with unmodelled dynamics”, IEEE Trans Auto Control, Vol. 44, No.9, pp.1705-1711, September 1999.
- C.Xiao and D.J.Hill, “Concepts of strict positive realness and the absolute stability problem of continuous-time systems”, Automatica, Vol. 34, No. 9, pp. 1071-1082, 1998.
- C.Xiao, DJ.Hill and P.Agathoklis, “Stability and the Lyapunov equation for n-dimensional digital systems”, IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems I, Vol. 44, pp. 614-621, July 1997.
- YV Makarov, VA Maslennikov and DJ Hill, “Revealing loads having the biggest influence on power system small disturbance stability”, IEEE Trans of Power Systems, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 2018-2023, November 1996.
- M.M.Seron, D.J.Hill and A.L.Fradkov, “Nonlinear adaptive control of feedback passive systems”, Automatica, Vol. 31, No. 7, pp. 1053-1060, 1995.
- D.Karlsson and DJ Hill, “Modelling and identification of nonlinear dynamic loads in power systems”, IEEE Trans on Power Systems, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 157-166, February 1994.
- D.J.Hill, “Nonlinear dynamic load models with recovery for voltage stability studies”, IEEE Transactions of Power Systems, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 166-176, February 1993.
- P.A.Lf, T.Smed, G.Andersson and D.J.Hill, “Fast calculation of a voltage stability index”, IEEE Trans Power Systems, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 54-64, February 1992.
- D.J.Hill and I.M.Y.Mareels, “Stability theory for differential/algebraic systems with application to power systems”, IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems, Vol. CAS-37, No. 11, pp. 1416-1423, November 1990.
- I.A.Hiskens and D.J.Hill, “Energy functions, transient stability and voltage behaviour in power systems with nonlinear loads, IEEE Trans on Power Systems, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1525-1533, November 1989.
- DJ Hill and CN Chong, “Lyapunov functions of Lure-Postnikov form for structure preserving models of power systems”, Automatica, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 453-460, 1989.
- D.J.Hill, C.Wen and G.C.Goodwin, “Stability analysis of decentralised robust adaptive control”, Systems and Control Letters, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 277-284, October 1988.
- D.J.Hill, “Dissipativeness, stability theory and some remaining problems”, in Analysis and Control of Nonlinear Systems, eds CI Byrnes, CF Martin and RE Saeks, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1988.
- G.C.Goodwin, D.J.Hill and X.Xianya, “Stochastic adaptive control for exponentially convergent time-varying systems”, SIAM J Control and Optimization, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 589-603, July 1986.
- D.J.Hill and P.J.Moylan, “General instability results for interconnected systems”, SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 256-279, March 1983.
- D.J.Hill and A.R.Bergen, “Stability analysis of multimachine power networks with linear frequency dependent loads, IEEE Trans on Circuits and Systems, Vol. CAS-29, No. 12, pp.840-848, December 1982.
- A.R.Bergen and D.J.Hill, “A structure preserving model for power system stability analysis”, IEEE Trans Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. PAS-100, No. 1, pp. 25-35, January 1981.
- D.J.Hill and P.J.Moylan, “Dissipative dynamical systems: Basic input-output and state properties”, J of Franklin Institute, Vol. 309, No. 5, pp.327-357, May 1980.
- D.J.Hill and P.J.Moylan, “Stability results for nonlinear feedback systems”, Automatica, Vol.13, No. 4, pp.377-382, July 1977.
- D.J.Hill and P.J.Moylan, “Stability of nonlinear dissipative systems”, IEEE Trans Automatic Control, Vol. AC-21, No. 5, pp. 708-711, October 1976.