Dr. K.B. Huang
B.Eng., M.Eng. (National University of Singapore), Ph.D. (UT Austin).
Tel.: 3917 8026
Office: CB 611
Dr. K.B. Huang
- Machine Learning and Wireless Communications
- Edge Learning
- Mobile Edge Computing
- Wireless Power Transfer
- MIMO communications
Kaibin Huang received the B.Eng. (first-class hons.) and the M.Eng. from the National University of Singapore, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree from The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin), all in electrical engineering. Since Jan. 2014, he has been an assistant professor in the Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at The University of Hong Kong. He is an adjunct professor in the School of EEE at Yonsei University in S. Korea. He used to be a faculty member in the Dept. of EEE at Yonsei University. His research interests focus on the analysis and design of wireless networks using stochastic geometry and multi-antenna techniques.
He frequently serves on the technical program committees of major IEEE conferences in wireless communications. He has been the technical chair/co-chair for the IEEE CTW 2013, the Comm. Theory Symp. of IEEE GLOBECOM 2014, and the Adv. Topics in Wireless Comm. Symp. of IEEE/CIC ICCC 2014 and has been the track chair/co-chair for IEEE PIMRC 2015, IEE VTC Spring 2013, Asilomar 2011 and IEEE WCNC 2011. Currently, he is an editor for IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC) series on Green Communications and Networking, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters. He was also a guest editor for the JSAC special issues on communications powered by energy harvesting and an editor for IEEE/KICS Journal of Communication and Networks (2009-2015). He is an elected member of the SPCOM Technical Committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society. Dr. Huang received the 2015 IEEE ComSoc Asia Pacific Outstanding Paper Award, Outstanding Teaching Award from Yonsei, Motorola Partnerships in Research Grant, the University Continuing Fellowship from UT Austin, and a Best Paper Award from IEEE GLOBECOM 2006.
- K. Huang, C. Zhong and G. Zhu, “Some New Trends in Wirelessly Powered Communications”, to appear in IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine. (Correp.: K. Huang)
- C. You, K. Huang and H. Chae, “Energy Efficient Mobile Cloud Computing Powered by Wireless Energy Transfer”, accepted to IEEE J. Sel. Area on Comm. – Series on Green Comm. and Networking. (Correp.: K. Huang)
- K. Huang, J. Chen and V. K. N. Lau, “Communication Using a Large-Scale Array of Ubiquitous Antennas: A Geometry Approach”, submitted to IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
- S. Ulukus, A. Yener, E. Erkip, O. Simeone, M. Zorzi, P. Grover and K. Huang, “Energy Harvesting Wireless Communications: A Review of Recent Advances”, IEEE Journal of Sel. Areas in Comm. (Special Issue: Wireless Comm. Powered by Energy Harvesting and Wireless Energy Transfer), vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 360-381, Mar. 2015.
- K. Huang, M. Kountouris and V. O. K. Li, “Renewable Powered Cellular Networks: Energy Field Modeling and Network Coverage”, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Comm., vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 4234-4247, Aug. 2015.
- K. Huang and Xiangyun Zhou, “Cutting Last Wires for Mobile Communication by Microwave Power Transfer”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 86-93, June 2015.
- Y. Chen, R. Wang, L. Mucchi and K. Huang, “Modeling Network Interference in the Angular Domain: Interference Azimuth Spectrum”, IEEE Trans. Comm., vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 2107 – 2120, 2014.
- K. Huang and V. K. N. Lau, “Enabling Wireless Power Transfer in Cellular Networks: Architecture, Modeling and Deployment”, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Comm., vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 902-912, 2014
- K. Huang and E. G. Larsson, “Simultaneous Information and Power Transfer for Broadband Wireless Systems”, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing. vol. 61, no. 23, pp. 5972-5986, Dec. 2013.
- S. Lee, R. Zhang and K. Huang, “Opportunistic Wireless Energy Harvesting in Cognitive Radio Networks”, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4788-4799, Sep. 2013.
- K. Huang, “Spatial Throughput of Mobile Ad Hoc Networks with Energy Harvesting”, IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 7597-7612, Nov. 2013.
- K. Huang and J. G. Andrews, “An Analytical Framework for Multi-Cell Cooperation via Stochastic Geometry and Large Deviations”, IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 2501-2516, Apr. 2013.
- S. Cho, K. Huang, H. Chae, D. Kim, V. K. N. Lau, H. Seo and B. Kim, “Feedback-Topology Designs for Interference Alignment in MIMO Interference Channels”, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 6561-6575, Dec. 2012. (Corresponding author: K. Huang)
- K. Huang and V. K. N. Lau, “Stability and Delay of Zero-Forcing SDMA with Limited Feedback”, IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 6499-6514, Oct. 2012.
- S. Lee and K. Huang, “Coverage and Economy of Cellular Networks with Many Base Stations”, IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1038-1040, Jul. 2012. (Corresponding author: K. Huang)
- S. Cho, K. Huang, D. Kim, and H. Seo, “Interference Alignment for Uplink Cellular Systems with Limited Feedback”, IEEE Comm. Letters, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 960-963, Jul. 2012. (Corresponding author: K. Huang)
- K. Huang, J. G. Andrews, R. W. Heath, Jr., D. Guo, and R. A. Berry “Spatial Interference Cancellation for Multi-Antenna Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, IEEE Tans. on Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 1660-1676, Mar. 2012.
- K. Huang and R. Zhang, “Cooperative Precoding with Limited Feedback for MIMO Interference Channels”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Comm., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1012-2021, Mar. 2012.