Dr. K.T.H. Hui
Dr. Kelvin T.H. Hui
Research Assistant Professor
Dr. Tsz-hin Hui, Kelvin is an engineer and scientist. Prior to his work in industry, his research focused on physical sensing, modeling, and prediction and on applying these in various areas. From the age of 25, after gaining his doctorate and chartering as an engineer, he contributed to the management of large-scale infrastructural works in Hong Kong (with TKO-LTT [main tunnel & associated works], CKR [ventilation and administration buildings], NTT [Kwai Chung Data Center]; MEGA-i [SUNeVision iAdvantage Data Center]) as the heat ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system team co-leader and served as a key driver and researcher in digital transformation in Ove Arup & Partners in Hong Kong and globally. Currently, he is managing a project under Prof Norman Tien, named as Center for Transformative Garment Production, together with top-notch research talents, utilizing proprietary artificial intelligence and robotics technology to re-engineer the garment industry, with an ultimate goal to increase production capacity, quality and work safety, and create new job opportunities in today’s world.
- T.H. Hui, W.C. Cho, H.W. Fong, M. Yu, K.W. Kwan, K.C. Ngan, K.H. Wong, Y. Tan, S. Yao, H. Jiang, Z. Gu and Y. Lin*. An electro-osmotic microfluidic system to characterize cancer cell migration under confinement. Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 2019.
- T.H. Hui, Y.H. Tang, Z. Yan, T.C. Yip, H.W. Fong, W.C. Cho, K.C. Ngan, H.C. Shum and Y. Lin*. Cadherin- and Rigidity-Dependent Growth of Lung Cancer Cells in a Partially Confined Microenvironment. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2018.
- T.H. Hui, K.W. Kwan, T.C. Yip, H.W. Fong, K.C. Ngan, M. Yu, S. Yao, A.H.W. Ngan and Y. Lin, “Regulating the Membrane Transport Activity and Death of Cells via Electroosmotic Manipulation”, 110(12), Biophysical Journal, 2016.
- T.H. Hui, Q. Zhu, Z.L. Zhou, J. Qian, and Y. Lin, “Probing the coupled adhesion and deformation characteristics of suspension cells,” Applied Physics Letters, 2014.
- T.H. Hui, Z.L. Zhou, J. Qian, Y. Lin, A.H.W. Ngan, and H. Gao, “Volumetric Deformation of Live Cells Induced by Pressure-Activated Cross-Membrane Ion Transport,” Physical Review Letters, 2014.
- X. Shao, R. You, T.H. Hui, C. Fang, Z. Gong, Z. Yan, R.C.C. Chang, V.B. Shenoy and Y. Lin*. Tension- and Adhesion-Regulated Retraction of Injured Axons. Biophysical Journal. 117: 193-202. 2019.
- T.H. Hui; Z. Wei and Y. Lin, “Interrogating the Electromechanical Regulation of Cellular Volume at the Single Cell Level”, Biophysical Journal, 2018.
- Z. Yan; T.H. Hui; H.W. Fong; X. Shao; W.C. Cho; K.C. Ngan; T.C. Yip; Y. Lin, “An electroporation platform for Erlotinib resistance screening in living non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells”, Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express, 2018.
- C. Fang, T.H. Hui, X. Wei, X. Shao, and Y. Lin, “A combined experimental and theoretical investigation on cellular blebbing”, Scientific Reports, 2017.
- Z.L. Zhou, T.H. Hui, B. Tang, and A.H.W. Ngan, “Accurate measurement of stiffness of leukemia cells and leukocytes using an optical trap by a rate-jump method,” RSC Advances, vol. 4, pp. 8453-8460, 2014.