B.Eng., M.Phil. HK; Ph.D. Texas A&M
Tel.: 3917 7090
Office: CB 714
Machine Learning, Signal Processing, Communication Systems
Yik-Chung Wu received the B.Eng. (EEE) degree in 1998 and the M.Phil. degree in 2001 from the University of Hong Kong (HKU). He received the Croucher Foundation scholarship in 2002 to study Ph.D. degree at Texas A&M University, College Station, and graduated in 2005. From August 2005 to August 2006, he was with the Thomson Corporate Research, Princeton, NJ, as a Member of Technical Staff. Since September 2006, he has been with HKU, currently as an Associate Professor. He was a visiting scholar at Princeton University, in summers of 2011 and 2015.
His research interests are in general areas of machine learning, signal processing and communication systems, and in particular distributed signal processing, Bayesian inference and optimization theories. Dr. Wu served as an Editor for IEEE Communications Letters, is currently an Editor for IEEE Transactions on Communications and Journal of Communications and Networks. He was a TPC member for over 50 IEEE major conferences. He received three best paper awards in international conferences. He is a senior member of the IEEE.
- Qinliang Su and Yik-Chung Wu, “Distributed Estimation of Variance in Gaussian Graphical Model via Belief Propagation: Accuracy Analysis and Improvement,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 63, no. 23, pp. 6258-6271, Dec 2015.
- Lei Cheng, Yik-Chung Wu, Jianzhong (Charlie) Zhang, and Lingjia Liu, “Subspace Identification for DOA Estimation in Massive / Full-dimension MIMO System: Bad Data Mitigation and Automatic Source Enumeration,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 63, no. 22, pp. 5897-5909, Nov 2015.
- Xin He and Yik-Chung Wu, “Tight Probabilistic SINR Constrained Beamforming Under Channel Uncertainties,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 63, no. 13, pp. 3490-3505, July 2015.
- Qinliang Su, and Yik-Chung Wu, “On Convergence Conditions of Gaussian Belief Propagation,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 63, no. 5, pp. 1144-1155, Mar. 2015.
- Qinliang Su, and Yik-Chung Wu, “Convergence Analysis of the Variance in Gaussian Belief Propagation,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 62, no. 19, pp. 5119-5131, Oct. 2014.
- Jian Du, Shaodan Ma, Yik-Chung Wu, and H. Vincent Poor, “Distributed Hybrid Power State Estimation under PMU Sampling Phase Errors,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 62, no. 16, pp.4052-4063, Aug 2014
- Bin Luo and Yik-Chung Wu, “Distributed Clock Parameters Tracking in Wireless Sensor Network,“ IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, 12, no. 12, pp.6464-6475, Dec 2013.
- Xin He and Yik-Chung Wu, “Probabilistic QoS Constrained Robust Downlink Multiuser MIMO Transceiver Design with Arbitrarily Distributed Channel Uncertainty,“ IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, 12, no. 12, pp.6292-6302, Dec 2013
- Jian Du and Yik-Chung Wu, “Network-Wide Distributed Carrier Frequency Offsets Estimation and Compensation via Belief Propagation,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 68, no. 23, pp. 5868-5877, Dec. 2013.
- Jian Du and Yik-Chung Wu, “Distributed Clock Skew and Offset Estimation in Wireless Sensor Networks: Asynchronous Algorithm and Convergence Analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, 12, no. 11, pp. 5908-5917, Nov. 2013.